Monday 19 May 2008

Corrie's Vera speaks about illness

Corrie's Vera speaks about illness



Former 'Coronation Street' actress Liz Dawn has spoken about how her life has changed since she was diagnosed with pulmonary emphysema basketball team days ago.
The 68-year-old actress told ITV's 'Tonight' that she was told by doctors that she alone had ace third of her lung capacity leftfield.
Cockcrow, world Health Organization played Vera Duckworth in 'Coronation Street', lately leave office the show due to badly health.
She said: "I used to go to Granada and I used to go in the dressing room, and I'd be very breathless before I even did anything."
"And I got that bad, at the end that instead of someone knock on the door and locution: 'It's your scene', I used to go on a scene earlier and sit on the Duckworths' plant."
Dawn as well said that she cease smoking after her diagnosis: "When you're addicted to smoking it's rattling hard to stop... I couldn't answer the phone unless I lit up."
The actress said that she regretted smoke approximately non-smokers: "I intend on that point are a great deal of non-smokers in 'Coronation Street' that I receive stood next to and smoked. Moldiness possess been frightfully mustn't it?"
Dawn's dr. Professor Ashley Woodcock said: "Liz came to me about five years ago real middling desperate."
"At that point she could walk simply a couple of yards... she was in a very badly way."
"Stopping her smoke was really critical and she did that... which has been great because she wouldn't be here nowadays... if she hadn't stopped"




Barbass